Sunday, August 26, 2012

Behind The Blog...

Well hello there! Or should I say "hay y'all"! (Shout out to my Southern folk :-)

I want to welcome you all to Bold Bouncing Beauty!!!


For the past few months I've been thinking of starting a natural hair/beauty blog and as of today I finally decided to stop talking about it and start being about it! Without any hesitation, I'm gonna go ahead and give you a little bit of insight on Cerise (that's me!)



I started my transition to natural hair back in May of 2010. This year, in February, I recently cut off the last bit of my relaxed ends! My journey was an interesting one to say the least. I tried many different products and hair styles. I made a few mistakes here and there but it all helped me to be much more knowledgeable about my hair and its new state. I've also done A LOT of research that I always tend to share. I find myself having natural hair convos everywhere I go: work, the mall, public bathrooms, the gym...and that's just naming a few!

I also have a knack for make up! I've never done it professionally, but it's one of those things I'm sure I know how to do! I've tried a crazy amount of beauty products. Some have proven to be a treasure while the others had me looking a hot mess...SMC (shaking my curls :-). Just through trial and error over the past 6 years (that's how long I've been wearing make up), I've become quite seasoned in the world of skin and beauty. I'm no where near an expert, but I know more than enough to get by!

This blog will, however, go beyond make up and natural hair tips. If we are to truly feel beautiful, it HAS to start from within. Life has its way of...ya know...happening! Sometimes different circumstances and situations can alter our confidence and leave us feeling not as fabulous. To combat that mindset, we must be strong in spirit! God didn't instill in us a spirit of defeat, so I'm also going to use this blog as a vessel. A vessel in which God's word can flow through and in turn encourage you to take on life and still feel beautiful from the inside out! I thank you for visiting and hope that you will feel informed and encouraged!

You'll see that it's ALWAYS a good time here at Bold, Bouncing, Beauty! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think we have the same hair type and I am on a similar journey. I am a high school senior and I want to be able to take of my hair but I don't know what to do with it. I am mixed so I have always been confused about my hair because no one around me has my hair.

    ReplyDelete