Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Style Files: #1

One of the most common quotes I hear from newly naturals or those who are transitioning is, "I don't know what to do with my hair!" Believe me, I understand the frustration. So here at Bold, Bouncing, Beauty (or B-cubed as I like to call it), you'll find "The Style Files"! This is created specifically for you to reference and become inspired. I will post pics of my hair as well as others and the low-down of the hairstyle! So let's jump into Style File Numero Uno!! :-)





Name: Twist-n-Roll
Type: Up-do
The Skinny: It's simply a flat 2-strand twist in the front and a side bun
Perfect For: Work, Casual days, Weekend fun
Benefits: This style is extremely low maintenance and it acts as a protective style
Products Needed: Hair moisturizer (of your choice), Gel (I prefer EcoStyler with Olive Oil), Ouchless Ponytail Holder, Bobby Pins
Difficulty: Super Simple! (Unless you can't flat twist :-( )

EXHIBIT A



*Here you can see I made the part big enough to have a nice, chunky flat twist. I also made the side part further over than usual. You can do the twist to go either way you like, but I prefer to twist it away from my face for this style. Before you begin twisting, remember to moisturize your hair. This is also where I add the ecostyler gel to my edges (before I start the flat twist)*

EXHIBIT B



*Here you can see just how far my side part is. Also, I pulled all the rest of my hair to the opposite side of the part. You want the ponytail to meet the end of the twist. Be sure to moisturize your ends after you pull your hair into the ponytail!*

EXHIBIT C



*Here you can see why it's important to pull the ponytail closer to the end of the twist. While my hair was still in a ponytail, I pinned the end of the twist right above the ponytail holder. I then made a bun just by making one big twist and then pulling the end of the twist over the ponytail holder. I pinned it as necessary so that it can be secure and...VOILA*

Tell me what you think of this style and if you have other ideas, please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment